Interested in staying mobile in the classroom while clicking through a Prezi, Google Presentation, or any other type of a slideshow on your Mac? If you also have an iPad or iPhone, it’s super easy. I just downloaded a free app called HippoRemote Lite (there’s also a Pro version with more features for $4.99) – but for basic wireless controlling of the trackpad and clicking around, the free version seems to work great (I’ve admittedly only used it for a few minutes, but I’m a satisfied customer so far). Here’s how to set it up:
1. Make sure your computer and iPhone/iPad are on the same wireless network.
2. On your Mac, download HippoConnect (it’s a small program). Run the program, flip the switch to “on,” and set a password.
3. On your iPhone/iPad, go to the App Store and download HippoRemote Lite.
4. Launch the app, and your computer should appear under “Detected Computers”.
5. Select your computer name and enter the HippoConnect password you just created on your Mac.
6. You are now setup for controlling your Mac remotely!